-Understanding the Situation-
At Delaware Valley Turf, we understand that something as small as a mosquito can prevent you from enjoying your lawn and the outdoors. As professional turf managers, we utilize our educational background in agronomy and entomology (study of insects) to manage the populations of harmful insects. Furthermore, employing our knowledge and experience we are able to scout your property and ultimately prevent and or eradicate these pests that keep you indoors.
We make it our top priority to utilize products in a manor safe for your family and pets. In addition, we implement the correct products in order to prevent harm to other non-target organisms such as the honey bee, arguably the most integral insect in nature. Moreover, studies have shown honey bee behavior and reproduction have been adversely affected due to the use of pyrethroids (a commonly used insecticide class) around homes, trees or anywhere honey bees would forage or inhabit. We understand that in our industry it is up to us to do our part to protect our environment by not cutting corners when choosing what type of products to use and how to apply them.
-Proper Treatment Timing-
Treatments typically made every 60 days* guarantee consistent control throughout the peek mosquito season. The hot and humid periods of summer (June, July, August) warrant the utmost need for control. However, mosquito activity begins in the spring as air temperatures consistently remain above 50 degrees. Their activity will cease with the first frost in the late fall/early winter. Therefore, we base our programs upon the potential mosquito population of your property and the period of control you desire. Conversely, one time treatments are a great way to make certain your summer parties or holiday cookouts are free of pesky mosquitoes.
Call our office if you would like pricing for a single application for a special event or our annual program for season long control.
Delaware Valley Turf: (610) 328-4170
Our lawn care and mosquito control services reach most towns in Southeastern PA & Northern DE including:
- The Main Line area from Wynnewood, Ardmore and Haverford all the way out to Malvern & Frazier and all Route 30 towns in between.
- Delaware County, PA: from Newtown Square and Broomall to Wallingford and Media, and also out to Glen Mills and Chadds Ford.
- Chester County, PA: West Chester and Kennett Square, out to Lincoln University and Chester Springs.
- Montgomery County, PA: from King of Prussia and Conshohocken to Blue Bell, Fort Washington, and Huntington Valley
- New Castle County, Delaware: Wilmington, Hockessin, and Newark.